Simulating the Life of a Bachelor
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Working out. Eating meat. Drinking beer.
This was my Wednesday, and it was AMAZING.
I got home from work last night and hopped right onto the bike trainer, but not before popping Band of Brothers into the DVD player. It felt like I was bicycling through a war-zone and the dudes on TV were somehow managing to protect me from getting shot. In accordance with my plan to slowly and regularly raise my time spent in the saddle, I logged 52 minutes of higher-geared riding time (or about the length of a B.O.B. episode). My legs felt great and less taxed than they had the last couple of rides - a very good sign.
Post trainer-ride, I ventured out to the kitchen and began the creation of an amazing stew, complete with bacon, chorizo and pork chops mixed amongst a plethora of veggies and spices. To carry me over during the ~1hr. of cooking time, I cracked open a bottle of Schneider-Brooklyn Hopfenweisse, one of my favorite beers of all time, and cranked up some New Orleans street-band music. The beer was delicious, the music was fabulous and the stew was hearty, to say the least. It hit the spot perfectly, especially given the unforgivingly-cold temperatures outside.
A full stomach and strong beer were more than enough to settle me down into a deep relaxation for the rest of the evening which was mostly spent doing a bit of graphic design, recipe scavenging and Alton Brown reading. Damnit, I had such a good time (and so many left-over white-beans) that I'm planning to relive the whole experience this weekend!!
Here's to hoping I have a good lookin' swim tonight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment