A Few Good Quotes

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Today was technically scheduled to be an off-day for me. WHAT?! An off-day?!?... after pizza & chinese??? Alas, the answer is yes. I didn't want to put extra stress on my knee by biking again or jeopardize tomorrow's swim by swimming today. I did head on over to the gym to do 1300 jump-rope, abs and biceps, so not all hope was lost.

This afternoon, while watching the Ravens try to kill the clock against the Patriots since the end of the 1st quarter, I was cleaning up my computer and came across some quotes I've collected that can be applied to the sport of triathlon. Here are a bunch of them:

  1. A race is an exercise in leaving others behind. [Lance Armstrong]
  2. Swimming is the worst part of a triathlon: if you stop pedaling on a bike you coast, if you stop running, you walk, but if you stop swimming you drown. [Unknown]
  3. It doesn't get any easier; you just get faster. [Greg Lemond]
  4. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my *** six hours a day. What are you on? [Lance Armstrong]
  5. You can quit and no one will really care....but you will always know. [John Collins]
  6. There is something in every human being that seeks testing. A yearning to discover just how far one can go, how much one is capable of achieving. From this desire was born the most demanding athletic endurance test ever. [Unknown]
  7. The physical pain you feel can't compare to the emotional pain you feel, when you quit. [Unknown]
  8. My sport is your sport's punishment. [Unknown]  
  9. The body is telling the mind to stop. The mind is telling the body to shut up. [Lance Armstrong]
  10. There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. [Hindu proverb]
  11. The only easy day was yesterday. [US Navy Seals]
  12. Triathlon doesn't build character - it reveals it. [Unknown]  
  13. I was already in the hurt locker. I was in the pain cave and I had dropped the flashlight, so it was pretty dark at that point. [Michael Friedman (Slipstream-Chipotle), describing his condition when Gilbert blew past him 173 km (107 miles) into the 2008 Omloop Het Volk] 
  14. Why isn’t the aero position in the Karma Sutra? [Unknown]


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP