Pizza & Chinese
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Lets start with the good:
On Friday I swam another 2800m. I forgot my watch and didn't feel like trying to memorize all of my times, so I budgeted my swim-performance on perceived effort and ground-gained on my friend who was there with me.
Workout - Ladder (build back up)
300m - warm-up
100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
No warm-down
My friend wanted to race me on the last 100m. I gave him a head-start and then proceeded to run him down. I caught him at the halfway point and was halfway back home when I noticed he was NOWHERE in sight. I pulled up, spun around and saw him clinging to the wall behind me. It turns out he pulled up lame on his turn at the wall with a devastating calf cramp. OUCH. It was kinda funny though - he was prrrretty dramatic.
Saturday came with an early morning weight and ab session at the gym. I then ran some errands just in time to make it back for the first playoff game of the season - jets vs. bengals. I then hopped on the trainer for 45 minutes of sweaty awesomeness! NO PAIN!
For those keeping score at home, that's TWO workouts and it wasn't even dinner time yet! FANTASTIC. All the while I was planning to undo whatever good I did today. It is a football tradition of mine to order pizza and chinese food for Philadelphia Eagles playoff football games. It sounds weird, I know, but it was SPECTACULAR. Now, I know any serious triathletes would scoff at this, but that's why they're serious triathletes and why I'm who/where I am, right?
Bittersweet though because my Eagles lost to those f-ing Cowboys.
0 comments:
Post a Comment