Another AquaVelo Report
Friday, January 8, 2010
I hit the pool again on Wednesday night cranking out 2800m. It was pretty rough, just like Monday's swim, both mentally and physically. I hit the gym on Tuesday night (weights/abs/jump-rope) before hopping on the trainer, and I think it's that time in the weight-room that wore my shoulders/back out and had me sore for the swim... specifically the front of my shoulders. It just made it ridiculously hard to reach straight out on my stroke and I often found myself cheating and not getting my arms fully extended at the surface of the water.
But yes, 2800m was achieved, complete with a few sets of drills in there. I timed myself on some things but don't have the figures in front of me to report. I can guarantee that they weren't impressive though, if that matters... which it really doesn't right now.
On Thursday I hopped on the trainer again and LOVED LOVED LOVED the 45 minutes of trainer riding. I haven't felt my thighs burn like that in quite some time (that's what she said?). That's the feeling of progress, folks, and it was fantastic!
I don't know what the hell happened, but I haven't had any knee pain in the last week. Now, that's not to say I'm about to go out and start running because I'm too damn scared that I'll snap 37 ligaments/tendons right away. No, that would be bad. So instead, I'm jumping a ton of rope to at least try to keep my calves in some kind of shape. My plan will be to keep pushing things little by little on the trainer until Mar. 1, at which point, assuming there are no setbacks (please please please), I will sloooooowly reintroduce myself to "left-right-left-right-repeat."
In other news, I tried that new Trident LAYERS gum today (strawberry citrus) and I wasn't impressed. The graphics and packaging are so much more satisfying than the 55 seconds the flavor lasts.
0 comments:
Post a Comment