Back at it - First Full Swim
Monday, January 11, 2010
Today was my first attempt at the full swim workout since the long 2+ week vacation. It started off awkwardly with me not being able to find my rhythm, but eventually I started to remember what rhythm actually feels like. It's nice to start getting back in form (well, in my form).
The point of no return!
I somehow missed the warning signs.
Ladder Workout - 3300m
500m - warm-up
100m - 1:33 (1:33min/100m)
200m - 3:30 (1:45min/100m)
300m - 5:49 (1:56min/100m)
300m - 5:23 (1:48min/100m)
500m - 9:19 (1:52min/100m)
400m - 7:21 (1:50min/100m)
300m - 5:30 (1:50min/100m)
200m - 3:28 (1:44min/100m)
100m - 1:27 (1:27min/100m)
300m - drills and cool-down
Nice tile color, by the way (Go Blue!)
The stats aren't really that amazing, but I'm especially proud of that last 100m which came in at 1:27. That's a lifetime record, folks!.. and it came AT THE END of my workout! Woot!! We'll see if we can break that record at Wednesday's swim.
My new hat!.. very warm, very stylish and verrry comfortable.
This is what death looks like... or 3300m in the pool
for the first time in just about a month!
I'm excited to get out on the trainer tomorrow and kick some ass!
1 comments:
Sean, that's a pretty impressive workout! Good volume and a 1.27, wow! To answer your question (even though I know very little about swimming of course!): I swim 50s with 10-15sec break, like on '55sec or 1.00min send off' (a bit longer after each 10). Lindsey Jerdonek recommended me to do more intervals with really short breaks and I know good swimmers take even shorter breaks, like 5-7 sec. Unless they are doing speedwork.
Kepe up the good work!
Post a Comment