Best Trainer Ride To Date
Monday, January 18, 2010
I know what you're thinking - a great ride on your indoor bike trainer is kind of like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. At the end of the day I'm still indoors and I'm still on a bike trainer, but it's still better than nothing, right? RIGHT.
That aside, I had my best "ride" on my trainer to date this past Sunday. It just so happened to coincide with Brett Favre's absolute SHELLACKING of those f-ing Dallas Cowboys. Did that have something to do with the positive attitude?.. perhaps. In any event, I was able to power through an hour in the saddle with frequent get your ass outta the seat and sprint moments (third downs), heavy gear moments (in the red-zone) and some high-cadence moments (during commercials) for good measure. I enjoyed the sweating and the effort and welcomed the fact that football was there to keep me distracted.
To boot, I got up a little earlier and stopped in at the gym to do some light-weights, a ton of jump-rope and some abs BEFORE coming back and getting on the trainer. It was a solid day.
Today is Monday and the pool is closed b/c of the holiday. I'm thinking I will most likely take today as somewhat of a rest day in preparation for tomorrow's swim. However, I still plan on doing some abs and stability work for my legs over at the gym after work tonight.
In other news, I just started taking vitamins - Vitamin D and Fish Oil.
0 comments:
Post a Comment