More of THE FAT

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Part of the plan as I start my half-marathon training in earnest is to eat smart. I really took advantage of myself way back when during TRI training because I could get away with eating ANYTHING. And, despite my worst efforts, I still lost a ton of weight. BAD Sean!

As of late, I've enjoyed the baked, low-cal tidbits of information I've gained from Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. I'm not through it all the way so I can't offer up an overall thumbs up-or-down, but there's plenty of small, yet valuable points that are good for me to bear in mind. After I'm done reading this, I'll start reading Matt Fitzgerald's Racing Weight. While the extra knowledge from both will, I'm sure, be valuable and have a net-positive impact on my eating habits, I'm equally excited about the ancillary effect of reading books like this - it's always on my mind. If I'm thinking about it more, I'm practicing it more.

My ideal racing weight is about 175 pounds. As of today, I'm fluttering in the upper 180s (thanks to a food-filled trip to New Orleans over the holidays).

* * * * * * * *

Oh, and here are some incredibly small distance totals from last year's efforts, starting on June 1st (when I signed up for DailyMile). I'm not sure if I will take the time to scour previous blog entries to add up the swim mileage... probably not. :)

Run - 210 miles (56 in November)
Bike - 606 miles (184 in September)
-----------------------------------------------
816 TOTAL MILES

Lets see if we can't (at least) double everything this year, ok? :)

P.S. GOOD RIDDANCE TO RICH RODRIGUEZ. JESUS! FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE NEXT GUY...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP