Crying Wolf or Just Crying?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Both kneecaps gave off noticeable levels of warmth in the hours/days following Saturday's 7-miler. Upon further examination, they also both exhibited noticeable swelling, virtually no discoloration (i.e. redness/bruising) and ABSOLUTELY no pain. My internet detective skills have pointed me toward the beginnings of an over-use injury, but other than that I'm prospect I'm clueless.

Last evening I treated the symptoms with advil and ice-packs (no vaporub this time). This morning I found no swelling and/or discoloration what-so-ever, and cooly got in my weight and ab routine as planned.

Whatta ya think - am I good to go for tonight's tempo run?

* * * * * * * *

In other news, my two, knee-specific, gel ice-packs are being mailed back to me from Washington, DC this week. I have a feeling those bad-boys will very much come in handy during the coming weeks/months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP