Stayed Up Too Late, Woke Up Too Early

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rats! The sprints this morning definitely did not go as planned. I woke myself up and got to the pool a lot earlier than I guess my body was ready for. The part of the workout I DID complete, I did ever-so-slightly better than usual.

Sprint Workout - 1500m
500m - warm-up
100m - 1:36
100m - 1:41
100m - 1:38
100m - 1:38
100m - 1:37
500m - drills & cool-down

Mentally, I just wasn't there today. For what it's worth, I was ready to call it quits half-way through those 5 sprints, but managed to stay in the pool and squeak out some drills first. The lanes were also super-crowded so I constantly had to deal with trying to pass people, which definitely didn't help the negative attitude I was already trying like hell to supress.

 
Of course, the lanes began to clear out on my way out...

And WOAH... Saturday mornings at the Wilson Aquatic Center is a like a HUGE day-care center - TONS of kids everywhere! Now that I think about it, the pool water was slightly warmer than usual...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP