Goodbye Capiltal Hill Bikes (for now)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Capital Hill Bikes lost their lease this past week and had to have an emergency store liquidation. Translation - lots of cool gear for dirt cheap. The store opened at 11:30am and I was there at 11:41am. But alas!, the vultures were already out en force!

All was not lost! I managed to score the DEAL OF MY (SHORT) BIKING CYCLING CAREER - Profile Design Airstryke Aerobars, regularly $120.00, marked down to $30.00. WTF!! FTW!!


I used a cheaper, busted-up version of these for training.

In addition to the aerobars, I also picked up a fuel belt for $4, a random-ass Tour de France DVD for $2.50 but unfortunately had to pass on the amazingly priced $800 Zipp wheel-set.  Next time, right? HAH. I would've also like to pick up one of the AWESOME $160-230 helmets for 50% off, but even at that price it was just waaaaay too much for something I really wasn't currently in the market for. Darn it!


Score!

Since I already had the taste for finding a great dealI in my mouth, I decided to continue on and head over to Performance Bike over near Bailey's Crossroads and pick up some tall(er) water bottles, a spare tube and a form to fill out so that I can subscribe to Triathlete magazine - it comes with a free "swim.bike.run." license plate cover!... now if only I had a car...


old bottle (left), new bottle (right)

While in town, I also picked up the Cyclo-Ops riser block I had ordered from REI almost a month ago using my 20% off coupon.

Cycle-Ops Riser Block

This will go nicely with my newly-acquired Kurt Kinetic Trainer...


Scored via an awesome craigslist deal.

 Co-worker and bike-mentor Patrick tells me I'm polishing the brass on the titanic when it comes to investing anymore time or money on the concept of indoor training. He is much more hardcore than I am, so in the meantime I will make-do with whatever keeps my fire lit, knowing full well that if/when I make the transition into full hipster cycling snob, there will be a whole plethora of Fred's who would gladly purchase my trainer and supporting materials from me.

 
Full disclosure: Dinner - the Brooklyn Local 2 was AMAZING.

Jesus, my tolerance is low these days!...

Sprints in the pool in the AM!

1 comments:

jen November 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Nothing like scoring great deals on gear! I love that. There are Performance and Pearl Izumi outlets down at the nearby outlet mall and I want to check them out. They have North Face and Nike too... maybe I'll go this weekend? I've got the bug!

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP