Mondays are for Guppies

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It started with a cool 500m warm-up to get the blood flowing in my arms. They definitely felt heavy from the weight-training I did last Friday, which happened to be the first heavy weight training I had done in quite some time. Buuuut, they got loose eventually and I was able to get on with things.

I didn't want to get going too fast because I had planned to do 2500+ total yards that day, which is definitely more than the 1700-2000m I typically did (around 2000m as of late). (I departed from the two training plans below after the DC Tri and stuck to swimming fixed distances during marathon training). And as you can see, my first 1000m split was definitely higher, although there's a chance I did an extra 100m because of a counting error... (seriously, who has trouble counting to 10...). Hmm...

All in all, things felt pretty damn good. Since I wasn't sprinting, I was able to focus on my form very effectively the whole way and not worry about being way out of zone for the HR or being crazy in the head due to lack of oxygen and heavy breathing. Sweet.


Wilson Aquatic Center

"Distance" Workout - 2700m 
500m - warm-up
1000m - 20:17 (2:01:70/100m) (or if I did 1100m... 1:50:64/100m)
1000m - 17:47 (1:46:70/100m)
200m - cool-down
Hot-Tub 

I plan on swimming Wednesday and Friday. One of those days will be sprints again, but I'm struggling with deciding which day makes the most sense. I guess we'll have to see how the weight-training goes tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP