Monday in the Pool, Tuesday on the Trainer (!!!!)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Distance Workout - 2700m
500m - warm-up
1000m - 18:17 (1:49:70min/100m)
1000m - 19:48 (1:58:80min/100m)
200m - cool-down

I then went to the gym and did an hour of weights, focusing on my back, biceps and abs.

My arms have been feeling like shit during the 500m warm-up, but i guess that's why you warm up. After that, I stretch out a bit more and feel great when I start to get into the main part of the swim.

However, I've been doing light-medium(weight) weight-training very frequently this past week and a half and feel a lot more rundown in the pool than usual. I've also noticed my form falling off at the end of my sets more-so than it did in the past.

There's also the whole 'bad-attitude' effect I've noticed in the last couple of workouts which I might also attribute to the increased fatigue that weight-training has brought on. I haven't come into the past couple of swims with that surplus of energy (positive energy) I grew so accustomed to during the triathlon training.

I browsed around on the SwimmingWorldMagazine website checking out their workouts, but none of them really seemed right for where I'm at physically. There was one decent-looking one that was made up of a pyramid structure:

100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m, 400m, 300m, etc...

It had a resting time of :10 between each set and seemed to provide me with a well-distanced workout. I'm also attracted to the prospect of being able to catalog times for each one of those splits and try to maintain a specific average all the way across the board. When doing two sets of 1000m, I don't get the chance to tell myself "you've got to pick it up a bit," or "pull it back a little."

Tomorrow is another distance workout. I took today off from weight-training to see how that effects my performance tomorrow. Hopefully I get some positive feedback.

In other news, I spent about 30 minutes on the bike trainer today!! This is HUGE. My knee has been giving me shit non-stop since the marathon, and then even more-so since I ruined it further on my last outdoor bike ride a couple of weeks ago. I threw an ITB strap on it, stretched out and hopped on.  I'm now icing vigorously in hopes of doing this again on Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP