Meatloaf Makes You Slow
Monday, March 1, 2010
Today's swim started out much slower than I would have liked, but that's what I get for only swimming twice last week.
Swim Workout - 300 Repeats
500m - warm-up
300m - 5:16 (1:45min/100m avg.) (0:45 sec rest after each)
300m - 5:15 (1:45min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:11 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:02 (1:40min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:12 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:06 (1:42min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:04 (1:41min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:10 (1:43min/100m avg.)
100m - cool-down
Boo-hoo. I don't know where that 5:02 came from - I was just thinking to myself "this hurts, but you're not going fast enough so maybe you need to make it hurt a little more." I was gassed for the last 300, thus explaining the sharp increase in what is otherwise usually an ever-so-slight decrease. The 2400 meters of timed swimming came in at 2,476 seconds, so only a 6 second lapse over last Wednesday. All thing considered, I look forward to Wednesday's swim showcasing some improvement.
In other news, I ate the best meatloaf OF MY LIFE this weekend. Some people might compare that to being the smartest kid with down syndrome, what with it being meatloaf, a typically unexciting culinary experience, but I beg to differ. Chef Paul Prudhomme is the man I have to thank for this experience. A man of no small proportions, Chef Paul was never big on the triathlon scene. I will say this - I'd rather get my recipes from a fat chef than a skinny one.
I strongly encourage anyone to pick up a used copy of this book (cookbooks should be used/abused/loved... not shiny and new). The jambalaya will blow your mind.
0 comments:
Post a Comment