Weekend Recap - Swim, Friends, Food, Trainer

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unless you don't believe in the internet, you are undoubtedly aware of the fact that DC was completely dumped on with snow this past weekend (~36 inches in most places). For a city that sees one big snow-storm a year (6-8 inches... c'mon, really?) this was quite a shocker. The pool was effectively closed since Friday afternoon at 2pm until the present. Sure, they were open today from like 12pm until 6pm, but c'mon, that doesn't help me at all.

My friend Bryan was in town this weekend for a conference he was going to attend in Baltimore on Monday. I was able to squeeze an easy 3,000m in on Friday before he was scheduled to land. Much to my chagrin, who other than f-ing Mayor Fenty was discovered to be swimming in the very same lane as me!! Hot damn! I passed him once and I that quickly became the new highlight of my triathlon career. SWEET! In all honesty though, he didn't know we were racing so that will just have to remain as an unofficial result.

I think I might have also spotted local pro Lindsey Jerdonek in the same lane at the very end of my swim, but I can't be sure. Similar to a month or so ago, I got very convincingly passed more often than one would care to admit. I did, however, choose to remain anonymous and not hassle either her or The Mayor.

Bryan showed up that afternoon. I won't go in the details, but will instead sum up the weekend with bullet-points:

  • Ray's Hell Burger
  • Sweet Water Tavern
  • Mountain Dew
  • Doritos
  • Double-Stuf Oreos
  • Paul Prudhomme Jambalaya
  • More Mountain Dew
  • A Poptart
My one saving grace was the batch of Quinoa I made. It's ridiculously healthy and amazingly simple/tasty.

In the spirit of this stream-of-consciousness post, here is a self-summary of workouts from Friday through today...

Friday - Swim 3,000m, then GOT FAT.
Saturday - GOT FAT
Sunday - GOT FAT

Monday - 1 hr. at gym
Tuesday - 45mins @ gym for weights, 45mins on bike trainer with 5x60sec intervals

I plan to hop on the trainer again tomorrow since I only put a little bit of time in today. There's also a trip to the gym to jump rope until I've got calves like White Hot's.

Oh, and I saw THE vein in both biceps for the FIRST TIME EVER today. I'm not talking about little veins that go every which way... I'm talking about THE vein - the one that runs north to south that every man secretly strives for. I see it, and I'm going after it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP