Getting the Work Done (In the Pool)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It always gets tough for me right around 5:00pm on days that I know I'm going to swim. Energy levels start to dip, the mind starts to wander, but as long as I can actually get myself on the bus then chances are I'll get to the pool and get the work done.

The absolute WORST part about swimming isn't the hard-breathing and prolonged efforts, but it's getting in the f-ing water. GODDDDDDDDD, I HATE IT! Call me a wuss - I'm fine with that. But damn, it just sucks standing there in spandex staring at the water knowing no matter what you tell yourself it's going to be cold and it's going to SUCK.

That felt good to get that out. Whew.

So after I stumbled again through my 500m warm-up where everything feels sore and crampy, I finally got to the meat of the workout - stats below.

300 Workout - 3300m
500m - warm-up
300m - 5:21 (1:47min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:13 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:06 (1:42min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:07 (1:42min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:10 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:11 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:08 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:04 (1:41min/100m avg.)
300m - easy
100m - cool-down

Damnit! I really tried to haul ass on that last one (obviously unlike the first 300m) but was only able to tie my previous record. As per usual, I ran the numbers to see if I managed to improve on anything from Monday's swim. As it turns out, I did! Similar to how Monday was a new record, today was a new record as well. Monday's swimming time took 2,487 seconds (1:43:63min/100m avg.), whereas today's swim only took 2,480 seconds (1:43:33min/100m avg.)! That means I improved by just under 1 second per 300m, or 0.30 seconds per 100m!

It ain't much, but it's SOMETHING.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP