New Duds!.. and a Swim
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Instead of re-crafting the lost post, I've decided to screw around with the look of the blog instead. Fun, huh? What do you think? The last one was definitely not easy on the eyes so I'm hoping this one is at least a step in the right direction.
Perhaps this is all for the best since the lost post was completely about restaurants and food from this past weekend... although I might take a stab at recreating it soon... THOSE DAMN RESTAURANTS WERE SO GOOD!!!
Monday Swim Workout - 3300m (400m repeats)
500m - warm-up
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
400m - untimed
No cool-down
Hot-tub
My friend Bryan was in town from Boston this past Friday through Monday which meant I had a GREAT excuse for not going to the gym, sitting on the bike trainer or going swimming. Since he was scheduled to leave midday Monday, he and I ended up staying up until around 3am on Sunday night. While fun, this left me with only about 4 hours of sleep leading into Monday. Considering my overwhelming tiredness, I considered it a major victory that I even made it to the pool at all. I then chose to remove my watch before hopping in so that frustration would not drive me to quit early. I swam at a moderate pace and only rested 0:15 between each 400 (thanks wall-clock).
If tonight is any indication, it's almost 1:30am already so I'll get more sleep than I did before Monday's swim, but I'm not anticipating any huge accomplishments. Talk about the wrrroonnnng attitude, huh?
Warm weather = morning person. Cold weather = poor sleep habits.
I got this to use for my swims from now on...
Ok, well I'm noticing myself typing more and more whiny things the more I draw this post out so i think I'll just call it a night and get to bed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment