BACK WHERE I WANT TO BE!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ok, for starters, I'm THREE bottles of Mexican beer deep right now. (I KNOW!) THAT aside, I met up with (3) friends at the pool tonight for a spirited effort in the pool. And, it ended up being just that - very spirited. Now, before I get too far ahead of myself, I felt good in the pool tonight for the first time in just over two weeks. I was sharp, I held my form (or at least what I consider 'form') and I was very strict on all intervals.

Swim Workout - 300 Repeats
500m - warm-up
300m - 5:07 (1:42min/100m avg.) (0:45 sec rest after each)
300m - 5:10 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:13 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:08 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:10 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:08 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:08 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:07 (1:42min/100m avg.)
100m - cool-down

No individual records today, but I did make GOOD progress today for the first time in a while. You see, my last two solid swim workouts clocked in at 2,487 and 2,480 seconds (respectively). For you math whiz kids, that's a 01:43:625 and 01:43:33 average time per 100m for the 2400m of timed swimming (yeah... i'm reaching here, i know). TODAY, I brought down the house with 2,471 seconds of total swim time, which puts me in the books for a 01:42:96 min/100m avg.).

BAM! Solid!

Oh yeah, the beer... three of us guys decided to catch up over a few Pacificos at Guapos just across the street from the pool. One turned into two, which then turned into three. Three beers and three baskets of chips + salsa later and it was time to head home. See you all after tomorrow's trip to the gym and subsequent ride on the trainer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP