Snow Days hindering Swim Days

Friday, February 12, 2010

Did I mention that I've already had more snow-days for this work week than I did throughout my entire undergraduate and graduate careers combined (in Michigan, mind you)(Go Blue!). At first it's hilarious to see the city react to this weather. It's like watching a clown trying to juggle more balls than he is capable of doing. Sadly, the humor eventually dies and you find yourself stuck in a city running at 20%. Part of the sadness is due to the fact that the pool was closed quite frequently. Even if/when it was open, the buses that would take me there weren't working and the hours were something ridiculous like 2-5pm! C'mon!

So with that, I was forced into my local gym for every day this past week. Lots of light-weights for practically every muscle group in the body. A TON of jump-rope and a slightly smaller ton of ab-work seemed to be the highlights.

I'm particularly proud of yesterday's "hour in the gym, hour on the trainer" workout. I put in some hard-time at the gym and then came home and immediately hopped on the bike and cranked out a very solid hour. I felt really fatigued in the beginning, but I think that's just because I came from the gym. I was then able to pull myself together and crank out some solid intervals.

Oh, and on Tuesday I went hiking through the downtown near the monuments where there are NO paths made in the snow. I wanted to get out and try to capture some cool photos (upcoming in next post) and ended up posting just over 8 miles of hiking in 2+ feet of snow. I was tired, but it was some GREAT exercise for joint stability. My knees and ankles are going to thank me later for this. 

In the worst blogger etiquette move ever, I'm going to remind myself here at the bottom of the post to put up some pics from the big snow-storm we've had out here and from the hike I took. I'm out of town for the weekend so it most likely won't be until Monday or Tuesday. See ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP