The 300 Workout
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
No, not the 300 workout everyone and their mother searched for on the internet after that movie came out a few years ago. This is myyy 300 workout where I find myself in a pool trying to talk myself into swimming just one more set of 300m. JUST ONE MORE YOU BIG KITTY!!... but I didn't call myself a kitty. HTFU!
Anyway, despite my arms and back still being heavy and sore from the weights on Saturday morning, I was able to overcome.. myself.. and complete the workout.
300 Workout - 3200m
500m - warm-up
300m - 5:13 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:16 (1:45min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:11 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:04 (1:41min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:10 (1:43min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:17 (1:46min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:12 (1:44min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:04 (1:41min/100m avg.)
300m - cool-down
Today felt a bit harder than usual, but I am attributing that completely to the weight training over the weekend. Everything just felt generally heavier. No matter though, because it seemed as though I was still able to record some pretty decent times.
As a motivational tool, I seem to strive to break at least one record on each of my swim workouts... or at least "run the numbers" in as many ways as possible until I find some improvement over previous workouts. Today's numbers suggest that my total average time bests that of all of my previous 300-workout numbers. It took me a total of 2,504 seconds of swim-time to complete my last 8 x 300m workout, whereas this time it only required 2,487 seconds. This leaves a difference of 17 seconds, or roughly 2 seconds per 300m. Sweet!
In other news, my fiancee is in possession of my smaller, travel-sized camera so I will not be able to post any redundant photos of the Wilson Aquatic Center anytime soon (unless I brought my DSLR with me, which is highly unlikely). ::insert sad trombone sound::
0 comments:
Post a Comment