Slllllllllooooowwwwwwwww

Monday, December 7, 2009

Pretty sluggish today, but I did raise my daily distance total to 3000 meters.

Distance Workout - 3000m
500m - warm-up
500m - 9:27 (1:53min/100m)
500m - 9:23 (1:53min/100m)
500m - 9:27 (1:53min/100m)
500m - 9:29 (1:54min/100m)
300m - Drills
200m - cool-down

My form felt sloppy - something I've been starting to feel more and more of lately. Perhaps this is a sign I should be focusing more on form and not as much on (attempted) speed.

We'll give it another go on Wednesday and see what happens.

2 comments:

dirkdeheer December 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Hey Sean, I just noticed your comment today.
I had Exactly the same thought today at my swim that you describe! It seems though, that we need days like that to make a jump a few days later!!

Answering your question: I try to apply my running background to swimming (1 long, 1 medium, 1 short intervals and 1 long continuous swim/ wk) and get some input from Lindsey Jerdonek, an elite triathlete. I try to adjust to my work schedule and however I feel. I noticed our swimming times are not that different! I'm thinking about joining a Masters swimming program, but the one at Wilson's was full. Good luck and see you at the Wilson Center (you swim there right?)

Sean in NY December 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Hey Dirk! We DEFINITELY need those humbling slow(er) days, but I sure wouldn't mind a few more of those motivating fast days, you know?

I like your swim philosophy! My swim workouts are SO BORING because I usually end up doing something very similar every single time, but I'm in the process of changing that.

I've met LJ once before and habitually nag her for triathlon-related advice - great source! I also tried to get in the masters program at Wilson but was turned away b/c they were full.

I love the Wilson pool though. I'm usually there Monday/Wednesday/Friday around 7-8pm (in the "medium" speed lane), but I'm working on getting a morning swim in there on Wednesdays. See you around the pool!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP