Shortened Swim, Supplemented w/Gym

Monday, December 14, 2009

The swim-workout was shortened today due to ulterior responsibilities.


We had 8 people in our lane today. This was definitely the most crowded I have ever experienced at this pool.

Tired and leaving the pool.

With that said, I was only able to squeeze out 2000 meters and they looked like this:

Ladder Workout - 2000m
500m - warm-up
500m - 9:10 (1:50min/100m avg.)
400m - 7:11 (1:48min/100m avg.)
300m - 5:22 (1:47min/100m avg.)
200m - 3:29 (1:45min/100m avg.)
100m - 1:31 (1:31min/100m avg.)
No cool-down

I then hustled on down to the gym and got in about 30 minutes of light weight-lifting and abs before heading home.

I'm headed to Philly for Friday and Saturday so my usual Friday swim is going to be canceled. My interim goal is to make it to the pool two more times this week before then, and then perhaps celebrate by going a 4th time on Saturday afternoon when I return. We'll see how that goes, though.

In other news, my yankees picked up Curtis Granderson from the Tigers. Since I grew up in Detroit, I get to enjoy the prospect of all of my friends moaning and groaning. My NL team, the phillies (great year last year for my teams, btw.) are looking like they're about to lose one ace (Cliff Lee) and pick up another (Roy Halladay). I'm clueless as to what their incentive for this was, but we'll wait to see the final details on the deal before jumping to too many conclusions.

Oh, and I also got this (below) in the mail. I was able to train using aerobars and a similar seat-post, but my friend was so inspired by following along with my ups and downs that he has decided to get back into it himself - thus, no more borrowing bike stuff.

 
Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Current weight = 178 pounds. Nice!... although NONE of my suit-jackets fit me anymore, EXCEPT the suit I wore in highschool (aka the prom suit). Looks like I may have to borrow something for the remainder of the Christmas party season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP