Progress.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
One BIG, small step forward tonight.
I rattled off 33 minutes on the bike trainer that has been gathering dust in my living room for the past two months. My knee has not permitted me to run, let alone do any time on the bike for quite a while now. It's been easing up a bit, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Of those 33 minutes, the first 7 or 8 were spent warming up and feeling out my knee to see how it was going to respond. I got no warning signs so I cranked it up slowly and sat "in zone" (~160 bpm) for the remainder of the time. I wanted to stop before I felt something that made me say "you did too much, stop," which is why I got off when I did.
It's Christmas season, so enjoy these photos of my trainer setup (watching Sunday Night Football) with green and red color isolation.
I'll give it another shot on Tuesday and see about going for at least 45 minutes.
Progress.


0 comments:
Post a Comment