EAT MY WAKE, B*TCHES!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
I had a good swim today. Very good.
Well, for me at least...
After Monday's splashathon, I was ready to get back into the pool and show myself that the lapse in my times were a fluke and that I had not regressed, but actually PROgressed. Buuuuuuut, I almost forgot my goggles again. You see, through a very convoluted path that did not involve any mailing/shipping services I was able to get them from MI to DC. All I had to now was pick them up... in the middle of a work-day... on my scooter... while it was raining outside... all the way across town. NICE!
My SWEET ride.
I hopped on my scooter, which I had named Renzo for about a day (but then decided I hate people who name their vehicles so I quickly unnamed it), and vowed not to return to the office until I had a pair of goggles stuffed sloppily into my jacket pocket, probably scratching the screen of my case-less iphone.
Aside from the one wrong turn that put me in front of Cafe Saint Ex, instead of about 7 blocks to the West, I made it to my destination, recovered the goggles and returned to work.
Fast-forward to 7pm: Sean arrives at the pool to find THIS...
WTF?!?!?
Where did my f-ing 50m pool go?! What is this 25m crap?!
Well, as I later learned, thanks to the power of the internet, it was not in fact 25m, but only 25 yds. Awww crap! Lets go to the stats...
Distance Workout - 2800m
500m - warm-up
500m - 9:09 (1:50min/100m)(1min rest in between)
500m - 8:02 (1:36min/100m)
500m - 8:07 (1:37min/100m)
500m - 8:06 (1:37min/100m)
100m - kick
200m - cool-down
EAT MY WAKE, B*TCHES!!!!
Wellllllllllllll, not so fast...
As it turns out my assumption that the pool width was 25m was incorrect. It is actually 25 yards across, which means I would have had to swim one more there-back for it to represent my stats accurately. So lets look at the corrected stats, completed with the necessary 5th grade to translate my times.
Distance Workout - 2800m
500m - warm-up
500m - 9:09 (2:01min/100m)(1min rest in between)
500m - 8:02 (1:46min/100m)
500m - 8:07 (1:47min/100m)
500m - 8:06 (1:47min/100m)
100m - kick (i hate this... HATE)
200m - cool-down
Still, not bad. I'll chalk up the first 500m to finding my rhythm, or something, because the next 3x500s were pretty sweet. I felt GREAT for all of them. This is also positive reinforcement since my body was quite sore from doing weights the day prior.
Did I mention I hate kick-boards?
I really REALLY suck at kicking. When performed, I am barely moving and are usually burying my head underwater so you cannot read the agony on my face.
Who knows, maybe my real talent just lies in pushing off the wall really fast...
And btw- yes, I am the donkey sharing the lane with you that does not know how to do something which resembles anything close to a flip-turn. I awkwardly put one arm on the wall, then the toes of my left foot, then push off... all followed by a halfway decent streamline that transitions into the ugliest whale-breaching-the-surface gasp for air you'll ever see in your life.
Take a few strokes.
Repeat.



0 comments:
Post a Comment