A Night Off, Mentally and Physically

Sunday, April 11, 2010

You can't usually pick the moments that put you into a state of introspection. Often times we'll find ourselves in the midst of a flurry of activities scattered over days, weeks or even months. I find I get used to a state of constant action, whether it be work, working out, moving prep, wedding planning or whatever else, but then when a sudden lack-of action temporarily hits, I'm left trying to catch back up, mentally.

Part of my natural catching-up process involves taking stock of where my life is at. Depending on my mood, the time of day and the amount of time I'm afforded, this can be quick and neat or lonnnng and, well, just long. I'd rate this latest pause in the action as medium in length, but positive in future outlook.

Heh, well crap... Re-reading this all, it sounds somewhat depressing and doesn't seem to foreshadow anything positive so I'll change gears.

I worked late and then it rained a lot so I skipped out on the pool and just took the night off (Wednesday), made some dinner and chilled-out. On the menu was Thai-chicken in a peanut sauce and to wash it down I used my all-time favorite soda - Grapefruit A-Treat. I kicked my legs up, dusted off the guitar and watched me some baseball.

Go Yankees!

It's nice to have some "me" time every now and again, as I'm sure others can attest. I was particularly relaxation-related productive with learning parts to a few songs on the guitar.

I also got some good reading (blogs) and movie-watching in (Up in the Air), both of which seemed to touch on weighing the importance of possessions versus experiences. Long-story short, it's a unique time in my life to come across these things as I am currently trying to get rid of ALL of my furniture and trying to dwindle down my possessions to only that which would fit in a car with me. I like the challenge of doing this, as well as the "clean slate" mentality that becomes more permanent with each item sold/thrown-out.

Of course, the hobby of cycling is DIRECTLY in opposition to this less-is-more mindset. No matter, b/c I don't have that over-accumulation problem yet.... YET!

----------------------------------

OK, well... I started writing this all last Tuesday or something and here we are on Sunday morning with me not having a clue where I was going with all of that crap in the beginning. More betterer workout news coming later tonight.

Thursday?... I don't remember
+ 2.0 mile treadmill run - 1.0 incline, 1 mile at 7.5 mph, 1 mile at 8.0 mph
+ Light weights and abs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP