"Sean in DC" is now "Sean in NY"

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wow! What an amazing update!! A name change, eh? Unfortunately, there isn't too much more than that to log here on the work-out front. We're still getting settled and unpacked (TOO MANY BOXES OF SHIT) here in Albany, NY so the bike continues to gather dust.

FOR SHAME!!

I snagged a 1-week guest-pass to the gym that I will undoubtedly be joining and checked that out last night. I guess you could say I'm pretty sore today. Sore to the point where it was uncomfortable stretching out in bed this morning b/c my body had seemingly forgot what it felt like to lift weights. Or maybe it was the combination of squats/lunges followed by an hour of sprinting around on the tennis court... who knows.

It's about time to pick things up again. I've run a couple of times this week... slowly, mind your, and one of the runs terminated at the pizza place I was picking up dinner from (what? WHAT?!) . Everything on that front seemed cool (i.e. no knee issues). The backs of my shins, just below my calf muscles get suuuuper sore/tight though. No idea what the deal is here. My best guess is that it's because I'm running on the balls of my feet more-so these days and the muscles just need to adjust. Oh, or it could be that I have not done any regular running workouts in nearly 9 months... hmm... I wore the compression socks in bed after the most recent run and my legs felt much better the next morning, so that's a good sign.

Traverse City, Michigan (very north) is my destination come this Friday for the next week. I'm lucky enough to be able to drag along the bike with me and hopefully get out for some rides in the country-side there. The cabins we stay in each year are also out on the lake so I've got no excuse to not get in a handful of open-water swims. The real trick here is getting out for a workout before everyone (20+ family members staying at cabins on the lake)  wakes up and starts doing stuff - i.e. eating or drinking beer - and then Sean gets distracted by FUN and says "meh" to working out. BAD!

Never-the-less, I plan on getting some solid efforts in and then ramping it back up upon my return to upstate NY. Upstate NY has the shitiest Indian food I've ever tasted, by the way. Surprised? I guess I shouldn't be. At least they make good beer.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Good luck with this new adventure!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP