First Awful/GREAT Experience With Local Bike Shop
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Here is the problem with my bike.
I had made peace with the fact that I would not be upgrading tires, but would instead be taking a step to the left and buying up some Serfas Seca Road RS tires. They were the best of the cheapest options that were available to me IMMEDIATELY. Sure, I would've paid a little more for good tires, but all internet deals had me waiting 1+ weeks and that's just more than I'm willing to wait to get back on the bike. So, off to the bike shop I went.
Now, for the record I want to say that not only did the bike-shop know exactly what I wanted and made sure it was in stock, but they knew I was coming in right before they closed and was rushing like hell to make it in time.
Ok, so I get there and instantly find the guy I spoke to on the phone and told him who I was and was ready to grab the tires and go.
His response?
"Yeaaahhh.... we're out of those right now... but we'll have them again in a few days."
Me: "How is that even possible.(!?!)" ::giving him the death stare:: (while also sporting my new mock-beard)
Well, he looked truly embarrassed and I was ready to just turn and leave when he started asking me about other tires I might be interested in. I only turned around to point out the more expensive tires I would have bought online if I wanted to be inconvenienced by waiting multiple days for them. (GRaaaRrRRRRrRR!!)
Butttttttt, then he surprised the hell out of me and said "How about I give you an awesome discount on one of these b/c I screwed up so bad?"
Umm, YEAH! AWESOME.
So, I picked up some Conti GP 4000s for $40/each (discounted from $60), which is what I would've paid had I bought them online but w/o the extra for shipping. Sweet!
I entered the thought of getting the red-striped ones, but quickly decided that would look AWFUL and opted for the all-blacks.
Now I just need to figure out how to change my first tire... and then my 2nd one.
0 comments:
Post a Comment