REDEMPTION: 2-for-2 On Race Registrations

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I made the executive decision to register for two races last night - one 10-miler and one Sprint Triathlon. The 10-miler is the George Washington Parkway 10-Miler in Alexandria, Virginia on April 22. This race will take the place of the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler which shafted me via a lottery process. The silver lining is that I will have more time to build up my base, thus having more confidence to set lofty speed goals. It may also be nice to run in warm weather, as opposed to the 40-degree weather of last year's DC 13.1 in March.

The second race I signed up for was the Hudson Crossing Sprint Triathlon on June 10. It's a smallish triathlon taking place in Upstate NY that is exceedingly well organized and well-run. I couldn't say enough positive things about the race last year and I really can't wait to give it a go again this year... perhaps with more time for proper training! It's also always nice going back to race the same races b/c you end up having a record you can shoot to break.

All in all, I am exceedingly happy with registering for these two races. One will provide me with copious amounts of motivation to exercise through the winter, while the other will encourage me to stay on top of my swimming and spend some time on the bike-trainer. If you glance sidebar-right and see the very lofty 2012 schedule, you'll note that I have a lot more than just (2) races planned. It's a bit misleading though, b/c many of those are just placeholders that I will need to decide between (or not at all). I hope to hit at least 75% of that list though, for what it's worth!.. especially with the 5Ks and triathlons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP