0 for 2 at Race Lotteries
Sunday, January 1, 2012
As it stands, I'm 0-for-2 in race lotteries all-time. In late 2011 I was rejected for both the NYC Tri and the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler. This is very disappointing as I would have loved to make both of those races A-races and structure my year around them. In both cases, the charity requirements are seemingly too much of a hurdle to be feasible options.
It appears as though the CB10-miler has a transfer period in early-to-mid February that lets people transfer their registration over to another potential runner. However, I have no idea how successful I might be at getting in that way. So, unless I magically catch a transfer, I'm stuck looking for different races.
One possible race on the list is the Parkway Classic 10-Miler (metro DC). I'm off doing recon on what the course/race-conditions are like, so perhaps this will be my "race-excuse to travel to DC."
2 comments:
GW Parkway Classic is a great race. It's not as crowded as the CB, which is a good thing--it sucks to never quite get your stride because you're literally jam-packed with everybody else. The weather is a crapshoot. Some years are nice, but it's also been very hot. And a lot of the course is on the wide open road with no shade. The DC Rock 'n' Roll Half is in March and is still open. The Broad Street run in Philly in early May would be another nice 10 Miler. Lots of good stuff coming up!
Thanks for the endorsement on the GW Parkway Classic. Your vote-of-confidence coupled with a blogger-friend Adam was enough to encourage me to register for the race this very evening! CAN'T. WAIT. to go back and visit DC.
On another note, I did the half marathon last year in DC and it went very well. This year, since I'm coming off of a knee injury (again), I wanted something a few weeks later to allow more time to build my endurance base (and find some warmer weather!).
Thanks again! (and now you've got me eying the Philly race as well!)
Post a Comment