A Little Bit of the Good Stuff

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm easing my way back into running after giving my legs/head a little time-off. Given the fact that I have been out of town every weekend for the last month, the timing of my mind-set seemed to work out quite well. Of course, I have been running about 3 times a week (still, same as when in training), but the distances have vastly decreased. For instance, this week was only 5k + 5.5 miles + 5k = ~12 miles.

HOWEVER, I'm happy to find that each of those 5Ks were run well under my current PR, which was set shortly after returning to running last Fall. How far below? Well, 0:37 seconds below, to be precise. Not to mention, I'm not running these 5Ks as if they were races, just simply spirited, shorter-distanced training runs!

What does that mean? Well... hopefully, that I have more left in the tank that I can soon empty on race-day, April 30th. In the meantime, I will be looking to start slowly raising my weekly mileage so that I can start marathon training May 30th with a slight edge.

* * * * * * *

In an effort to curb (very) poor eating habits, I've decided to start literally scheduling my meals. I'm not so concerned with specific times that I eat (lunch @ 11:30am vs. 12:30pm), but more-so what/how-much I eat. Something simple like this will keep my mind from drifting toward the dangerous "hmm, I could just run out and grab something quick" mentality that has thwarted my efforts too frequently as of late. It will also minimize the number of times I catch myself snacking.

* * * * * * *

I'm still searching for a half-marathon race that takes place sometime in early-to-mid August so that I can have something to break up my long marathon training.

* * * * * * *

In an unparalleled and unheard of marriage-karma-earning move, my name-change has officially and finally gone through. How many men have you ever heard of taking their wife's last name?

None?

Me neither!

Never-the-less, I've swapped my awkwardly pronounced, 2nd-generation Ukrainian name for my wife's single-syllable, Belgian-German name. Not only am I happy to make the switch, but I'm also glad to welcome all the great characteristics that come attached to this family. (Awww, so sappy, eh?) On a different note, Sean West Architects will make a MUCH better name when I finally open up my own Architecture Firm.

And, I know you all will eventually want to hire me to design + build your tiny training-camp houses up in the mountains or out in the country!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP