Did I Eat Healthy Today?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'd love to have the talent to execute a super-simple idea I have for a blogger side-bar widget. At the same time, I'd also love to have the talent to scour the internet to find this same thing that has probably already been invented somewhere else. Sadly, I have neither!

My idea is simple. It is all based off of asking a single question:

"Did I eat healthy today?"
"Was I an asshole today?"
"Did I practice the piano today?"


And etc...

Your question would be displayed as a title over-top of a small monthly calendar. You would "answer" your question by changing the color of the bounding box around the current date. For instance, if my calendar was tracking whether or not I ate healthy on a daily basis I would turn the box a green color (meaning "yes") for today. However, last Saturday and Sunday my boxes would both be red b/c I damn sure didn't eat healthy then. Over time, I would build up a history of these daily, color-coated answers and, just by glancing, be able to see what my eating patterns have been like over the last week, month, two months, etc.

There would be no fancy graphs or areas to log your consumed foods. It would be dead simple.

Green box = "Yes!" to whatever question you posed to yourself in the title.
Yellow box = "ehhh... kinda"
Red box = "Hell no!"

I feel like this is something I could get great value from and help me see just how healthy I think I am eating vs. how healthy I actually am eating. And, since it wouldn't require me to go visit some other site like FB, DailyMile, etc, it would be super convenient to use which means I would probably stick with it longer.

Any programmers or internet-search wizards out there care to help me out?

In the meantime....  YES  I ate healthy today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP