FIVE FOR FIVE

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I nailed my 7-miler on Saturday, fighting temps in the low 20s and wind-gusts upwards of 35mph! Yikes! I came across the line in 55:28, officially 25 seconds faster than my goal-pace with an average pace of 7:55min/mile. Wohoo! In retrospect, that 25 second buffer is practically nothing... the difference between going out too fast or getting a mild-cramp during the last mile. On the other side of the coin, running a 7:55min/mile instead of a 8:05min/mile is HUGE, right? From what I read of other people's blogs, sometimes they don't expect to make improvements of more than 1-2 minutes off of a race time THE WHOLE YEAR. Of course, these folks are usually in peak physical condition having already raced for a number of years so there is arguably less room for improvement on their end.

Never-the-less, I am really happy with my progress thus far and just hope I can continue to make these improvements.

Oh, and holy crap... we had a 61*F day on Thursday! Before you get too excited, though, we've got a day coming up this week with a low of 2*F. Sweet.

The weight loss has plateaued thanks to these, by the way...

These will be the death of me. I found them at a grocery store in PA
still in their box the day before Valentine's Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP