The Detroit Marathon Race Report

Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's been over a year since the race itself, but here I am just now getting to the race-reports. I'll start by uploading a shit-ton of photos and filling in the blanks as I find the time.

Myself, Elaine and Javier with the infamous Hal Higdon!
Foreshadowing? You know you're in trouble when 
your knee looks like this BEFORE a race!
I've never run from one country to another before, nor have I ever tried 
to smuggle something across the border while competing in a race!
My gear, morning of the race
Race morning at the starting line
Annnnnd... we're off!
Water station already?? Yeah right.
This 1+ mile up-hill/down-hill was my early indicator 
that my knee would not behave today
The view from Canada!
Running back through the tunnel, under the Detroit River
Crossing the border, except this time under water!
Emerging from the tunnel!
I think this was my first water-stop, nearly 7-8 miles in.
Great music along the way, including this jazz/rock band!
And this Spanish fellow and his nino!
This highschool drum-line was AWESOME!
But not as awesome as this dude handing out M&Ms!!
How could I resist? Hint: I couldn't!
Hula-hooping cheerleaders!
Crossing over into Belle Isle
The end is in sight! Aim for the tall buildings!!
Part of our awesome support team!
In the (lack of) words of Undercover Brother, "Solid"
Hangin' on for dear life.
Oh so close!...
Sweet relief, we did it!
DONE!
Our spaceman blankets and finishers medals, post-race

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP