Unverified Voracity - The Indignity of Facial Modifiers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've regressed into the mental abyss that falls upon us all as a serious race approaches. Much like how I imagine I would face the end of days, here I stand, bearded and somber.



For the last month-and-a-half or so, ALL of my training runs have come in under an 8:00 min/mile average, which, as of this past Fall, was unheard of for me (10K PR of 8:05 min/mile, or so). Not only am I under an 8:00 min/mile, but I'm consistently breaking my 10K PR in training! I

I've kept up on strength workouts, icing, resting and have remained largely injury free for these last three months of training (save for minor over-use signs which led to cutting back on cycling cross-training).

All of these things lend themselves very much toward positive race-day vibes.

Race day for the 2011 Nation's Half Marathon is this Saturday. Tomorrow I have a baby-cakes run, which will be my last before the BIG DAY. I've already started gorging myself with carbs in various quantities and varieties.

Goals?

A) 8:00 min/mile average
B) 8:15 min/mile average
C) sub 8:00 min/mile average

After the race, I plan to consume a celebratory beer made by my friends at Brewery Ommegang.

I. CAN'T. WAIT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP